Chronic Disease Reversal

Follow personalized, evidence-based, lifestyle therapeutic prescriptions – to prevent, suspend and reverse chronic disease.


~Approximately half of all Americans have one or more chronic disease.

~75% of all mortality is due to the top 10 most common causes of death

~7 of these top 10 killers in the US are made up of chronic diseases that can actually be prevented through lifestyle choices that are prompt, powerful, & persistent in their effects - but does not come in the form of a pill.

• 80% of all premature deaths are related to 3 lifestyle factors of: poor diet, tobacco use and lack of physical activity.
• 80% of chronic disease can be prevented, suspended and often times reversed through lifestyle choices and behaviors!

 

This healthcare epidemic can be changed through a shift in how we take charge of managing our health – through lifestyle medicine – not with another pill or procedure. 

 
Pill-Vegetables-REV2.jpg

SOME OF THE CHRONIC DISEASES THAT CAN BE PREVENTED, SUSPENDED OR REVERSED: 


HEART DISEASE

Heart disease is the number one killer worldwide. A whole food plant-based diet is the only one proven to prevent and reverse heart disease. You can truly add years to your life!


DIABETES

1 out of 3 Americans are projected to have diabetes by 2050 and those diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes typically lose more than 10 years of life and have a 50% higher rate of all-cause mortality. Science has shown that simple lifestyle modifications can reduce the need for medication and in some cases, reverse the disease altogether, eliminating the need for medication.


CANCER

Cancer is the second leading cause of death worldwide. 90% of all malignancies are rooted in lifestyle and environmental exposures. 30-50% of cancers can be prevented through modifiable risk factors and lifestyle behaviors.


OBESITY

Obesity is not only attributable to more than 10 years of life lost, but it also creates an inflammatory state that contributes to many chronic diseases, such as: diabetes, heart disease, Alzheimer’s disease and cancer. Additionally, diets have a 97% fail rate making a whole food plant-based (WFPB) lifestyle imperative for sustained weight loss. A WFPB diet is synonymous with an anti-inflammatory diet, thereby preventing and reversing chronic disease, and is also inherently low in calories, making it a lifestyle of abundance, rather than one of restriction and deprivation.


HIGH CHOLESTEROL

The main risk factor for heart disease (the #1 killer worldwide) is cholesterol. Lifestyle Medicine therapeutic approaches, such as a whole food plant-based diet, to lower cholesterol are at the cornerstone of recommendations by the US National Cholesterol Education Program, American Heart Association, as well as the World Health Organization.


HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE

High blood pressure ranks as the #1 risk factor for death and disability in the world. Upon reaping the healing effects of adopting a plant-based diet, oftentimes, one’s blood pressure normalizes and anti-hypertensive medication needs to be discontinued. Lifestyle modification is recommended as the first-line of treatment by the American Heart Association, the American College of Cardiology, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.


ARTHRITIS, PAIN AND INFLAMMATION

Not only may plant-based diets improve or even eliminate arthritis symptoms, but specific plant foods may provide some relief. Inflammation is the common denominator in pain generation and a whole food plant-based diet is synonymous with an anti-inflammatory diet.


AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE

Autoimmune diseases develop when our immune system mistakenly attacks our own healthy tissue. This may lead to inflammation and damage to joints, nerves, skin, tissues, muscles, and other organs. Science has shown improvement to resolution of lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease, multiple sclerosis, sjogren’s, and more.


OSTEOPOROSIS

Evidence from numerous studies strongly point toward a positive link between fruit and vegetable consumption, as well as other modifiable lifestyle factors, to improve bone mineral density. To the contrary, despite what advertising slogans suggest, science has correlated dairy with an increased risk of osteoporotic fractures!


ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE PREVENTION

At present, Alzheimer’s disease is not curable, but is preventable. In fact, only 5% of the population has a genetic predisposition that makes the diagnosis inevitable. For the remaining 95% of the human population, the risk of developing the disease can be decreased by up to 90% according to leading scientists in the field of Alzheimer’s research and treatment.



Heart disease is the #1 killer worldwide and a whole food, plant-based diet is the only proven approach to not only prevent, but actually reverse the disease.
 

 
Tan.jpg